How to Fix io.netty.channel.abstractchannel$annotatedconnectexception in Minecraft
- 1 How to Fix io.netty.channel.abstractchannel$annotatedconnectexception in Minecraft
- 1.1 What is io.netty.chnnel.abstractchannel$annotatedconnection error?
- 1.2 How can this error be solved?
When you are in a great mood to play Minecraft and while you try to connect to the Minecraft server it is constantly giving error and you are super irritated about that. The error may be simple and you can try changing the server you are trying to connect to or restart your game.
But sometimes it is more than that no matter how much you try the server doesn’t recognize you and let you connect to start playing the game. So don’t worry we have a quick guide for you that you can follow and easily remove your connection error and play your game smoothly without any connection fails.
What is io.netty.chnnel.abstractchannel$annotatedconnection error?
This is a connection error in Minecraft that occurs when there is connection failure to the server of Minecraft you are trying to connect, because either it is unable to recognize you or your connection request is not reaching the Minecraft server or signal is not reaching back to you from the server.
The main reason for this error is due to IP connectivity and can occur both on single or multiple player servers. Other reasons can be unstable software, backdated JAVA script, or server blocking due to the windows firewall.
Usually, the use of a trusted VPN can avoid such errors mostly but there are still chances that you may get this connectivity failure.
How can this error be solved?
Start with resolving this problem by applying some basic solutions that one applies in case of any error. It is the common drill and in case you are lucky you don’t have to get into further steps and save your time and energy. So first of all follow these steps that are
- Restart your Minecraft.
- Restart your computer.
- Power off your internet router and keep it off for about a minute and then turn it on.
If the error is still there then follow these advanced steps to rectify it.
While solving the error first step is to figure out which path you’re going to take in solving the error and that depends on the server you are using.
For personal server
If you are using your server then firstly check either it is connected to the server or not. If it is connected and you have a connection error then there must be two reasons:
- There is a problem with your firewall settings
- There is a problem with the router.
So to fix the problems follow these steps
1. Adding Exceptions to windows Firewall Settings in the Minecraft Folder
The best option to resolve this connection timed-out error is to add exceptions in the windows firewall settings.VPN and Windows firewalls sometimes block your computer from accessing the Minecraft game server. Adding some exceptions in the Windows Firewall will avoid abstract channel annotatedconnectexception connection refused error.
To change your firewall settings follow these steps:
- Go to the Windows search bar and click on the Updates & Security option.
- Go to Windows Security and select Firewall & Network Protection.
- Scroll down and select Allow an App through the Firewall
- Click on the Change Settings option and click yes.
- Again select the Allow another app
- Browse the game installation directory folder and select the launcher executable.
- Browse to the directory folder where you have servers of Minecraft installed and Repeat Step 5&6 again.
- Open the Minecraft servers.
- Repeat the process and locate the Java executables.
- Repeat step 4 and scroll down to the list of Java Platform SE Binary.
- Allow all the Java Platform SE Binary options both by Private and Public networks.
Now, open the Minecraft launcher to check if the error is resolved or not.
2. Reset or port forward Your Router
If the problem persists after changing the firewall settings then maybe there is a problem with your internet router. The first step is to restart your router. Check your internet connection if it is stable then try to connect to the Minecraft server.
Power off your router for 1 or 2 minutes and then turn it back on. Check if the error is removed or not. If not then reset all your connection settings of your router and restart it again and then connect to a different server.
If there is stable internet and changed firewall settings then the problem is with your router but every router has a different GUI and we can’t list down exact steps but follow these general steps to resolve your issue.
Port forward Your Network
These are the steps you should take to port forward your network to fix the Minecraft error.
- Login to your router interface.
- Enter device name, Username, or password, you can find them on a sticker on the bottom of your router or in the documents you got with your router.
- Go to the “Port Forwarding” section or “Virtual Server” under the “Advanced” options.
- Now a page will open where you can enter the Device Name, Port, and IP address and have the option to choose a Protocol.
- Fill in the fields with the correct information from your computer. And select the TCP/UDP or Both.
- Click on “Apply” or “Save” and finish.
- Start your Minecraft again and check if you can connect to the server now or not.
For foreign server:
If the server you are using is not yours and someone else first checks that are there any other servers available you can connect to. If yes then maybe you don’t have a problem and the server you are connected to has an error so check with other players that are connected on that server that are they facing any issues or not. Follow the same firewall setting step as you did for the personal server to resolve the error.
If the error is still there then you can either reinstall your Minecraft software or update your JAVA script. Sometimes there is a problem in your version of the JAVA script that it gets backdated. Also the IP address and port may be different so you can try to connect to a different port so that you get the correct IP address.
with simple steps, you can resolve the io.netty.channel.abstractchannel$annotatedconnectexception error and continue playing Minecraft with no hassle in connection to the server. If the problem is still there you can contact Minecraft Forum to get more information and resolve your issue.
- Why IP is linked to connection error?
Sometimes the port and IP are dynamic and the IP assigned changes every time or is assigned to multiplayer, so there are chances the port gets assigned an incorrect IP address that is why your connection may not get through and you will face this error.
- Does unstable software on your PC is the reason for the connection error?
Yes, any unstable software or conflicting software with Minecraft may give a connection error and you should checklist of software online that may cause an error with Minecraft.
- An unstable internet connection can cause a server connectivity issue?
Unstable internet or weak signals may be the reason your request to connect to the server doesn’t get received to Minecraft server and failing the connection